Idaho Nature Trails

Saturday, January 14, 2006

What is Idaho Nature Trails?

Near Fish Lake, St. Joe National Forest

I have always loved nature; animals, flowers, trees, mountains, streams. A field of daisies stirring in the summer breeze, dewdrops on a spider web, a splendid pink and orange sunrise, birds greeting the day, water tumbling over rocks, mist floating through the mountain peaks, snow falling softly, clinging to the pine trees, and, like the song says, "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens".


There is nothing more humbling than hearing a bull elk bugle, while sitting around a campfire on a star-filled frosty September evening, and nothing sweeter than a newborn fawn hiding in the tall grasses, waiting for mom, who is always very close by.

There is nothing more beautiful than a blue-green lake tucked high in the mountains, surrounded by alpine fir; looking down to see the wild flowers poking through the granite, looking up to see the eagle soar and looking out beyond the peaks to the blue hazy sky.

There is nothing more gratifying than hiking through tall timber, so tall nothing grows underneath except a few ferns, wild ginger and mosses. Looking at the lichen covered branches, breathing in the deep earthy smell, touching the bark of a tree, hundreds of years old, and hearing the sound they make as they shudder in the wind.

I know, as I walk through this pristine place, eyes are following me, for this is home to the animals. I am an intruder here, although I am never afraid in the woods, I fear civilization and what it has done to this majestic land. I leave the forest untouched, in fact, a better place, as I clean up what careless man has left behind. I come away renewed, each and every time I step out my door and go into the Big Piney Woods, or travel up into these mountains that have become such a part of me. Together with my husband, we have explored the vast wilderness that is home, and come away renewed and enlightened.


To me, nothing smells better than fresh cut pine, crisp mountain air, or the earth after a rain. No can of spray can even come close to nature's perfume.


Please, come walk the path of nature with me....... in photos I have taken of these special places.

Toni

Posted by Big Piney Woods Cats at 3:02 PM

9 Comments

  • Blogger MLove posted at 3:46 PM  
    Looks like a wonderful concept, Toni. My only suggestion, which you may be planning to do, is to identify the photo location. It looks familiar to me.

    Wouldn't it be nice today to be walking on a trail with blue skies behind the trees and a soft sun beating on our backs!

    Marianne
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:52 PM  
    Living in North Texas we miss so much of nature. Our "Nature" is concrete, big city steel and glass buildings. How wonderful to be able to view thru your eyes the wonder God has created.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:55 PM  
    Awesome, Toni!!! I've enjoyed your lovely pictures for years now and certainly think you are as good as the professionals.

    Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous neck of the woods. I hope your new year has started off in a great way and continues.

    Hugs, Page
  • Blogger Anne posted at 7:51 PM  
    Thank you Toni for sharing your pursuit of natural beauty in your country.The picture shown is very much like our Redwood forest in Rotorua,not far from where I live. I look forward to more of your photos!
    Regards
    Anne
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:51 AM  
    I'm looking forward to going on this nature trip with you!
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:35 PM  
    I can't begin to tell you what enjoyment I get out of each of your sites. Now I will get to be a part of the adventures through the Nature Trails. Oh how wonderful, for you have such a way with words that you bring alive each thing, and it is as if I am there with you! Thank you so much for sharing everything with me. Much love, and gratitude for the opportunity you give me each time I find your email in my box. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Hugs, Jani
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:31 AM  
    I love this sunset, and am going to enjoy exploring the Nature Trails with you ...
  • Blogger Jill posted at 6:44 PM  
    Nature is wonderful! I expect to see a bear come walking thru the picture.
  • Blogger Pecky Cox posted at 2:51 PM  
    Please let me know how to contact you to get your permission to post one of your pictures inside AS THE LAKE CHURNS www.priestlaker.com .
    In advance I THANK YOU
  • Post a Comment

    Home

    vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv