Idaho Nature Trails

Monday, February 27, 2006

Huckleberries


Huckleberry Picking

One of the highlights of camping trips for us in July-September is huckleberry picking. Sometimes I think the search is more fun than the actual picking. We have a "silent" contest, who can pick the largest berry. It has been going on for 30 years between my husband and myself, the subject has never been voiced, but we both KNOW we are in competition. The second part of our silent contest is.......who can pick the most berries. One time my husband put moss in the bottom of his bucket, YES, that is cheating and he doesn't need to cheat because he always outpicks me, anyway. I have a webpage with a good recipe for huckleberry coffee cake and some picking tips HERE.

Toni


Posted by Big Piney Woods Cats at 6:56 AM

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Home

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv